Saturday, November 7, 2009

Original Comic Art

From our archives:
4. December 2008 by admin.

Recently I had the pleasure of working with BrewedArt.com. They are an art firm with a wide variety of services. I gave them the challenge of creating some concept art work to better communitcate with potential investors for the film UNBROKEN. I was eager to see what an internet-based company could do. I was a little leary not meeting face-to-face, but we must all face fears & embrace technology as much as we can! So I took a leap of faith over a couple of emails & phone calls & my rough draft showed up as this:



Needless to say I was impressed. All I had given the artist was the script & some loose direction. But I wanted the opposite angle for my illustration, and I had some other thoughts that I put together for the artist. After an email & 48 hours, I was presented this revision:


Another equally impressive image. The artist, Barry Cervantes, was quick & efficient as well as creative. However, I preferred some of the first draft’s elements, so after a very specific email detailing everything I wanted to a “T”, Barry gave me this:


I am continuing to use Barry to further communicate my film, UNBROKEN to the masses. THANK YOU BARRY CERVANTES & BREWED ART!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment